When internet speed of your Dial-up, Broadband or DSL connection drops off then the following questions boggle the mind?
- How to increase internet speed?
- How to increase download speed in specific?
- How to do it without changing the ISP?
- Is Business Broadband the lone way out?
While looking for the answers to these queries, we’ll go through the factors that trigger brakes on internet speed, the types of factors, problems and how to resolve them.
Factors of Slow Internet Speed
Well, internet speed of dial-up, broadband or DSL connection depends upon a number of dynamics, external and internal to the network. To start with, you should check the speed of your internet connection. Internet Speed Test is a medium to verify your internet speed, it reports you the download and upload speeds. You can use this information to sort out the issues and boost internet speed accordingly, along with the customer service provided by any of the Internet Service Providers from whom you brought the internet connection.
You may set off yourself with the operating system, network cable, network card, broadband modem, wireless router, and probably other devices, before you even get out of house thinking how to increase download speed or upload speed or digging up options of Business Broadband.
We can split the factors that can contribute to sluggish internet speed into two types: external factors and internal factors, as mentioned below:
External Factors of Internet Speed
The External Factors of internet speed are the ones that belong to the Internet Service Providers and Network. These are mainly out of your direct control, unless you change your internet package or ISP and jump to Business Broadband leaving behind contemporary residential internet. There are following External Factors:
- Shared Connections
- Sharing your internet connection with a bunch of other people will definitely reduce the internet speed.
- Shared Bandwidth
- Internet Service Providers share bandwidth in certain packages, among the logged in users, unless you are enjoying a connection of Business Broadband.
- Internet Fast Lanes
- You may face the issue of slow webpage loading, if the website you are opening is not making use of the Internet Fast Lanes.
- Internet Service Providers may put a limit on certain types of traffic, which results in poor speed of internet, dial-up, broadband or DSL.
- Internet Server Speeds
- Internet Service Providers may have servers with slower processors and speeds. Well, it doesn’t happen with Business Broadband.
- Location of Internet Server
- The servers of the Internet Service Providers exist somewhere that is not near or preferable for your place.
- Packages of Broadband or DSL
- You may have one of the Packages of Business Broadband or DSL that offers slow speeds. Think about it, get a better package with faster speed and additional bandwidth.
Internal Factors of Internet Speed
The following elements have their own capacities and limitations with respect to speed of processing and bandwidth, hence these may cause degraded internet speed.
- Operating System
- Web Browser Speed
- Network Card
- Wireless Router
- Computer Processes (active processes, open files and services running on computer)
- Open Browser Windows (other websites open and running in one or more browsers
How to increase download speed?
There are many methods to consider and improve internet speed even if you have obtained one of the Business Broadband Deals or a DSL Connection. Here we would focus on valuable points, which greatly elaborates how to increase internet speed, how to increase download speed in specific or even the upload speed, and doing it particularly without shifting to other Internet Service Providers or Business Broadband Deals.
- Full internet bandwidth
- Cut off the maximum value of bandwidth usage set up in Windows, so that you can catch the best possible internet speed.
- IDM (Internet Download Manager)
- Internet Download Managers increase the download speed significantly and do not download the same files again in case of breaks during a download of large size folder or a group of files.
- System Cleaners
- One should bring into play System Cleaners to remove garbage from operating system of the device. This process increases the speed of device and internet.
- High Speed Business Broadband Deals
- If still you feel that the internet is running on a snail’s pace then you should consider purchasing one of the High Speed Business Broadband Deals or Business DSL Deals.
You may possibly carry out all or some of the next steps and subsequently test out the desired outcome.
- Clean Browser Cache and Temporary Files
- Do the same with System Cache and Temporary Files
- Close as many processes (files, folders, applications, browsers, tab pages, etc.) as possible
- Start over your Browser again
- Have a look at your Task Manager and inspect if there is any process consuming too much memory or CPU
- Run Virus Scan
- Carry on with Malware Scan. Usually Anti-Viruses have it separately.
- Reboot your device.
- Restart Internet Routers to clean their cache
- Ring your Internet Service Provider and request to refresh the account. As a result, they should get rid of the logs as well as cache of your internet connection harvesting in the servers.
- Sit near to the Internet Router. This seems to be funny but it works, have fun.
- Preferably connect your device with internet router through an Ethernet cable instead of being wireless all the time.
Hope, we have come to a resolution for the core puzzle, i.e. how to increase the download speed. The methods mentioned above, will surely amplify internet speed by some percentage but it primarily relies on the bandwidth of internet connection. Internet Speed Test tools are the ways to check the accurate speed of the connection and we provide a variety of these tools in this website. If you face any issue while using these online free tools of Broadband Speed Test, feel free to Contact Us and submit your query.
InstructionsTo carry out an Internet Speed Test or DSL Speed Test, follow these guidelines to obtain precise results:
- Clear Internet Browser Cache
- Delete Temporary Internet Files, as many as possible
- Shut down other internet browsers that are open except the one that will execute this internet speed test
- Close all tab pages other than this one on which you are reading these instructions
- Cut down other applications and projects that associate with internet
- Open Task Manager and examine whether there are processes acquiring excessive system resources. Obviously you are going to end those processes
- Switch off all other internet connections apart from the one used for this internet speed test
- Scream at your place that nobody should dare connect with internet during this test
- In order to perform a test through a plug-in of Internet Speed Test -Flash may be required with a particular minimum version.
- Take a note that your internet browser may already have Flash installed and activated, so no worries and carry on.
- If a plug-in prompts for Flash Enable, Upgrade or Installation then you should accomplish it OR go ahead with a different internet speed test already present on the next or previous pages of this website.
- The other plug-in may not ask for Flash or a new version and may not display the same issue prompted by the previous plug-in, therefore you should proceed with the next or previous speed test.
- Click on "Start speed test" or "Start test" link of the widget, the tool will automatically launch the testing process
- The moment it concludes the test, it puts on view the values of the ping test, download speed and upload speed